Russian piping tips have taken the buttercream flower world by storm, and for good reason. These new all-in-one piping tips allow you to easily pipe simple flowers complete with detailed centers and delicate petals.
Hints and tips
Before you Pipe: Tips for Success
- Use a stiff buttercream frosting: Both Swiss meringue and American buttercream worked for me. You’ll just need to work a little quicker with a meringue-based buttercream, since it softens up faster. I used American buttercream in this post.
- Pipe right away or store them right: You can pipe flowers directly onto a cake or cupcakes, but if you want to make your flowers in advance, pipe them onto small pieces of parchment paper. Store them in the freezer until you’re ready to decorate.
- Keep them clean: Keep the tip of the nozzle on your Russian piping tips as clean as possible. Extra bits of buttercream will cause your flowers to lose their shape.
- Make smooth buttercream: Make sure your buttercream is perfectly smooth before filling your bag. The little openings on these piping tips can be very unforgiving! Keep a toothpick or skewer nearby to clear away any butter clumps.
- Help them stick: Flowers can be piped onto an unfinished cake or on top of a crumb coat. If you’re using a crusting buttercream, give the cake a quick spritz with water before you pipe to help your flowers stick.
Check out this great tutorial made by Craftsy
Original price $8.50 - Original price $8.50Original price $8.50$8.50$8.50 - $8.50Current price $8.50Original price $8.50 - Original price $8.50Original price $8.50$8.50$8.50 - $8.50Current price $8.50Sale Sale