Isomalt - Sugar Crafty 250g
Isomalt (Granular) is a reduced calorie sugar substitute (made from beet sugar) in crystal form for hard candy, confections and baked goods.
Isomalt (Granular) is about half as sweet as sugar with only 2 calories per gram and has a high resistance to humidy and will not crystallize, resulting in a clearer finished product with a longer shelf life.
Isomalt can be used to make those amazing Geode and crystal cakes.
- Combine 4 parts Isomalt to 1 part water – stir over medium heat until mix dissolves and all crystals are incorporated.
- Cover the saucepan and boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove the cover, insert a candy thermometer and cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 320° F.
- Remove from heat when temperature reaches 320°F.
- When adding colors, first allow cooked Isomalt to cool undisturbed for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour onto oiled marble slab, prepared cookie sheet, Silpat Mat, or into molds. Allow candy to cool completely.
Do not refrigerate.